Monday, May 13, 2013

Speed Day: press, pistol, pull-up

So schedule shift today and therefore trained at the new gym. It's awesome but certainly weird since I am so used to Rifs garage. Business wise, makes sense to train at Rifs to not interrupt trainers but today I had you adjust. 

Speed Military Press
28/3 x 8 L
28/3 x 8 R

Dropped back since I plan to test my press Wednesday with 52kg KB. Now, lets hope my true peak is this week and not last :). For this reason dropped volume. Everything else the same, start on the 12 & 6.

Pistol box squat (double 16kg)
16/2 x 5 R
16/2 x 5 L

This was way different as I did it on carpet and it significantly changes my rooting and stability of my foot. A good challenge but not necessary. As Rif says do it as perfect as possible natural before
Adding in unnatural surfaces. Had to focus on zipping up from the core, crushing the bells, pushing abs out and tensing Lats.

Kipping Pull-up
10 x 5

There's a purpose for everything and today I added in a different pull-up. :) so
Much easier since I have been doing all my strict dead hang pull-ups

Clean
32kg/5/5x4

Pause at top and focused in being a linked interconnected system which makes everything better and more challenging.

Solid day today! Nothing more, nothing less than just a thorough day with a PR looming for Wednesday. Just focus on what I always do and lift, the rest will happen! That's what consistency and programming do!

3 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

yes, it's different training where you work. I could never do it, even at girya. but it will do in a pinch.

And carpet is tough! especially if it has a thick pad under neath. but no worries, especially for speed day.

as easy as those presses were last week I'm not worried that you peaked. It didn't get into grind mode at all all and the volume wasn't too high so you will be fine.

Go get it!

Mark Reifkind said...

want to do the press on Saturday with the crew?

Joe Sarti said...

Excellent, thank you for the feedback. I could come in and do it at 8 am, have to be at the crossfit cert by 830 in San Jose.