Monday, June 30, 2008

Last workouts before big Adventure travel Trip

Wednesday is the first part of a 3 week trip. it all begins in Mt Shasta with a 4 day jaunt to spend time with the family and enjoy the outdoors, hiking, kayaking, running, golfing, etc. Then it is off to Central America for a 17 day adventure trip starting in Panama and heading north through Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador and finishing in Guatemala or at least that starting in Panama and finishing in Guatemala. Super excited to go light and backpack to these beautiful and in many ways untouched areas.

So, with only a couple days before the trip begins I had to get in a couple workouts

Sunday:
45 minute run in which my I paced out at about 9:30 or so. This was more just a mental note as all I am doing is getting my legs and body used to the movement. Again, my first real training run will begin in August.

Followed by specific stretching, foam roller, and hot tub to care for the body.

Monday:
Kettlebells & Body Weight:

Press:
40/3/3x5

superset with

weighted pull-ups
25lbs/3x6

Yoga:
1 hour home practice

Tuesday:
Run: 45 minutes

Yoga: 45 minutes

No comments: