Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Workouts

So, I have been having a really fun time with my workouts, getting a good blend of stuff. Eventhough I have been doing a few different things I do have some consistent exercises, etc. I am focused on in terms of improvement.

First the kettlebells
Snatches: 24/10/10x5....my goal is to work on time, I did this in about 8 minutes which is not a lot considering I have done 110 in 5 minutes but it is a good start since most of my focus has been on Snatching the 40 and eventually the 48kg. Later this week I will be doing my 40kg snatch.

Presses (Military)
40/5/5x3

This is always a good challenge, especially the reps. My goal this week is 40/4/4x4 and working up to 5x5 before my big 3 week vacation.

Yoga:
A daily practice. Although I did give myself a couple days off to focus on the recovery/regeneration aspect. I am doing regular workouts ranging from 30 to 90 minutes. the key here is learning how to put together postures/classes and to improve my ability and understanding.

Overall, my fitness level is really good. My strength, endurance, power, flexibility, and stability all seem to be moving along at a good clip. I feel balanced and have no aches and pains other than normal workout soreness but that is even minimal with my strong nutrition and recovery.

No comments: