Monday, June 18, 2007

Deadlifts and Pull-ups

Deadlifts. As Rif said it sure is nice to lift something heavy and truly feel strong! Having 400+ lbs in your hands feels awesome and truly does make me feel strong!

135/5
185/3
225/3
275/2
315/1
365/1
405/1

416/1x6

Remove all the slack, keep my arch! Key points from todays workout! The bar is moving faster and my feel is getting better!

Rack Lockouts (pin #3)
225/2
315/2
405/1x2
455/1
495/1x2

Feels good to have the extra weight in my hands and to train my body to handle such loads. I am so excited about the process behind learning the deadlift and how to effectively design a program to accomplish a said goal.

Pull-ups
55#/2x4
BW/15 + 3, half pull-ups after a hang pause and finished the set with a 10 sec hang (ouch)

Awesome! Super strong with these reps. The 15 bodyweight felt really smooth.

6 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

you were super strong today and the form was as good as it's been. you're starting to pull with great acceleration no matter what the weight is on the bar. excellent.
pullups were a surprise too. much stronger than last week in the rep out.

Joe Sarti said...

Thanks Rif, truly felt great yesterday. I am definitely getting stronger and more powerful. It is all coming together nicely

Franz Snideman said...

Right on Joe! Solid training brother!

Royce said...

Sweet man, very cool.

Royce said...

Oh yeah right now I'm on a 4 plate quest in the DL, it'll come though :-)

Joe Sarti said...

Royce,

go get'em on the 4 plates.