Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Snatches

The Hands, they are improving. I took good care of them last week, shaving, filing, shaving, filing and just being aware. So I was cautious today in my approach. Rif and I discussed doing 5 and 5 for up to 3 minutes with the 24kg and then having a full recovery and repeating. Here it goes

Snatch
24/5/5x5 total of 50 reps in 2:35

Started to experience some general fatigue. Grip, back, arms, shoulders, legs and cardio were all good. Form was strong and this was the right approach for the first round. The first round came in the morning when truly my body is not really ready for working out. I train mostly late morning (after 11) to anywhere up to 6;30 at night just depends on what kind of work I am doing. So, felt a little sluggish in this respect

ROUND 2
24/5/5x6 total of 60 reps in 3:12

This felt stronger and as you can tell by reps and time it was indeed. Same fatigue concept and I could have went 40 and 40 but with a goal of 3 minutes and my hands not ripping and body feeling intact I stopped ahead of the game. Although at the end I did notice that my tear from a week ago was cracking and I thought it better to stop. I liked the split session (similar to a grease the groove concept). My heart rate was definitely high but I did not feel anything truly limiting my performance. My technique has completed improved and the work at Rifs with his eyes watching over me has really helped. Great to have a training partner.

Also
Pull-ups
10, 8, 6 while waiting for a client

Dips
10, 20, 15

Abs
20x5


4 mile hike this evening with a client as part of his training for his upcoming attempt to Summit Mt Shasta as part of a benefit
We did this same hike Monday evening although tonight I am going to carry a 16kg KB in my pack as an extra workout.

There you go!

1 comment:

Mark Reifkind said...

this looks good joe. let me know how the swings go friday.