Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Snatches & Swings

Oh how I do love thee Snatch and Swing. Plan and simple these moves are one hell of a workout. Every muscle of the body works to make that bell move and land in proper position with the most graceful and beautiful athleticism. Being of an athletic/athletes mind these suit me well even though they always kick my arse ...lol

Snatch
24/5/5/5/5/5/5/5/5 (40 total, 20/side) x3

Heart rate maxed out at 198 or so! Yes, 198! which is theoretically way beyond my max. I noted to Rif that i felt an amazing ability to work even with my heart so high and he mentioned eventhough this is systemic the transferring of hands controls the lactate production levels enabling the body to avoid a fatigue state and therefore keep moving efficiently. If you are not what this means, put it this way it is a real good thing when you are attempting a lot of reps under time, full body stress and muscle fatigue.

Swing, 1 arm style
40/5/5/5/5 x3 (60)
32/5/5/5/5/5/5x2 (60)

The hands are the biggest limitation at this point, especially the right. However, they are much better with the improvement in technique I feel overall much stronger with each of these moves and my hands are taking less of a beating.


I will say this again. If you want a workout and you want to burn MASSIVE calories then swing the bell. Shoot, just look at Tracey Reifkinds blog and see that her movements are pretty simple, a heck of a lot of SWINGS and SNATCHES.

Cheers to a fantastic workout and the 5lbs of water lost due to the 100 weather and working out in the Rifstonian Institute garage.

1 comment:

Mark Reifkind said...

yeah that was a good one. love to sweat.