Saturday, September 15, 2007

Starting the 40kg Journey

Well truth is it started long ago back on day 1 of the Kettlebells in december of 2004. Yesterday I did do

Military Press
40k/1/1x5

Singles, the deadlift approach or more appropriately the powerlifitng approach

Pistols
40/1/1x3

Left side is shaky, right side is solid!


Today was the first big workout day. I just wanted to 'play' around and feel the 40kg in my hands. I figure the more I handle it, even on a low level the stronger and more 'comfortable' I will become. So, this was a step forward in that process.

Windmill
24/5/5x3

Nice warm-up

Snatches
24/3/3x1
32/3/3x1
40/3/3x3

Ok, this is a good start and great for the confidence. I choose to bring the bell to the shoulder after each snatch as I did not want to overload my body on the downswing. First things first, get comfortable with the bell overhead and solid! Right side is a little short of the lefts capabilities due to grip strength. Overall, 5 and 5 is near

Cleans
40/5/5x3

No issues here, still just a great exercise. Cannot wait to do doubles.

Squats
40/3/3x3

Great and this was ass to the grass style. Again, right a little behind due to stabilizing the bell but no worries. 5 and 5 is near

Renegade Rows
40/3/3x3

Just playing around here. stabilized on a 24kg and really focused on minimal rotation as I pulled to fully engage the core! Mission successful

Janda
24/5x3

Crunch and Toe Touch
24/5x3

Seated Rotation (modified hot potato)
24/5/5x3

YOGA
25 minutes of good yoga!

Heart was pumping, muscles working, sweat beading sounds like a great workout! A new path along my journey begins in my continued evolution! I look forward to all that lies in front of me and thank you for joining along with me as I take this path. Please feel free to contribute and much success on your journeys

2 comments:

Aaron Friday said...

I'm going work toward 5 reps with 32kg Clean & Press by the end of the year. Both hands, but two different sets.

Thanks for the inspiration, Joe. Looks like your snatch goal is right around the corner.

Mark Reifkind said...

nice that you recovered so quickly from wednesdays work! nice going, you will get those goals no problem