Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Tapering Down

A nice workout today with Rif. He is preparing for the RKC and I am getting ready for the big contest day or as I like to put it my day to shine and test myself on all the hardwork and preparation. truly this is nothing more than an opportunity to challenge myself and I could not be more excited.

Snatch (1 arm at a time)
24/12/arm for a total of 5 sets or 120 total reps.

In the process of today's training I believe RIf and I helped me improve my snatch. The conclusion is I was too much on my heals performing more of a true olympic snatch style. Because of this my time on the back swing to snatch were off coming out of the shoot (bell swinging back and me pulling up against that force which put undue stress on my hands and subsequently my low back). Therefore an emphasis on placing more pressure on the ball of the foot as well as the heal keeps me more balanced and allows the bell to flow more smoothly and we are in sync making me more explosive and efficient.

Great day at Rifs! What else is new, :-)!

Just want to express my gratitude and appreciation to Mark for taking time out of his life to work with me. Anytime you have someone willing to mentor/coach you on their dime/time you have to be thankful!

No comments: