Thursday, April 05, 2007

3 P's and a W

Started my morning off with some weighted pullups. Noticed I was feeling the effects of the snatch and the prior 2 days but felt good and...

Pull-ups bw+25#s
8x1
7x1
6x1

Strong pulls through out and definitely will need to add volume. I feel 11 was my max today up 1 from the last week. No worries, 20 will come in 5 months

Afternoon
Windmill
32/5/5x3

Nice stretch, good stabilization and helped open me up

Military Press
40/3/3x3

Great reps throughout. I have to say the 40 never seems to get 'easy'. Yes, I am stronger and feel comfortable using this bell. Enjoying working up with this bell

Pistols
40/1/1x3

This groove is getting really strong. high reps not my goal, but good explosive strength and bottom position stability are the goals and they are coming right along.

That is it for the day. tomorrow I will see. I have a 6.5 hour drive to watch Dave 'shoulders' fight in San Bernadino County (LA area). Hope to catch a mountain bike ride on the way there and back in Castaic Lake by magic mountain.

Stay Tuned

2 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

you need to be doing at least double the volume of reps each workout that you want to do at the tsc.probably triple,at least to build the base. use ladders

Joe Sarti said...

Ok! On it...can I do them on Monday?

PS Dave won his fight...dominated