Monday, April 23, 2007

deadifts and pull-ups

Hit the high volume singles today with the deads. I find these excellent for one reason in particular, the more singles I do the closer I get to finding the groove. I know it is not there but I am not sure of what there is. I have found it and lost it but I conceptually understand it better after all the practice, lol.

Warm-up
135/2x1
225/2x1
315/2x1
348/2x1

Work with approx 30 sec rest periods
387/1x12

in an effort to help understand my groove with a pull followed by a slow controlled negative with a static hold with the bar and plates barely touching the ground Rif had me do 2 sets of 4 reps with 315. This truly did conceptually make things easier. Practice, practice and more practice. Oh how I love the feel of the bar in my hands.

Pull-ups
30.5#/5 reps x 8 sets

Tense the grip, pinch the legs, breathe deep, engage lats and pull, all in one! Easier said than done coordinating such movement but awesome nonetheless. Rest approx 1 minute between sets. Failed the last rep of the last set so truly only completed 39 full reps which I would 35 were quality.

Great day, the body is coming together as is all the lessons I am learning working through this program design and being coached. As Frank said, find someone better than you and train with them, Thanks Rif.

A good meal, some good rest, a mountain bike ride tomorrow and then Snatches on Wed; Presses and Pistols on Thursday, and 1 arm Swings on Friday which I will wave weekly between the 24, 32, and 40.

Another great day, another great day at Stones and way to start the week STRONG!

2 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Way to go Joe! Looks like training is coming along nicely!

Brett Jones said...

Looks good Joe