Friday, April 20, 2007

Swings

Big swing day! Instead of the Snatch which I have done a four week esclating cycle with I decided to back off and do some serious strength and conditioning with the 1 arm swing against time

1 Arm Swing, 32kg (1 minute to work and rest).
Minute 1: 32/8/8 (25 sec work)
32/9/9
32/10/10
32/11/11
32/12/12

Rest 1 full minute + 20 seconds I had left over from the 12/12 set...getting hot so time to turn on the fan :-)

32/8/8
32/8/8
32/8/8
32/8/8
32/8/8

Total time 10 minutes and 29 seconds for 180 swings

The Good news is that my low back held its own. Yes, I did feel the fatigue but a light stretch and some heavy Jandas is all it took to eliminate. Next week I am back to the Snatch with the addition of the Swing workout. Also, lungs and conditioning were no issue as my conditioning is strong.

Windmill
24/5/5x1
32/5/5x3

Just a nice warm-up and good stretch, strengthen, stabilization and posture move!


Janda Power Breathing Crunch
32/5x4

Nice exercise that really counters all the swing work well and will strengthen my abs for the Deadlifts.

Loving the work, as I have found much pleasure and enjoyment in learning the mastery, the art of the deep skill related to the movements. I am maturing for sure and so open as my glass is half full with and endless bottom. I realize that I have one of the top strength and conditioning coaches at my disposal, who wants to help me out and I would be foolish to let my ego prevent me from growing, evolving. Plus, I have a fabulous network of other amazing and talented minds at my disposal and I am so stoked to learn from them. As Frank said the other day it is all about the basics and mastering them, practice, practice, practice and practice some more. I have all the tools and resources to be the best! Gratitude!

No comments: