Thursday, April 12, 2007

Swings

I am a huge fan of the Kettlebell swing and I truly understand why it is truly the king of all exercises. Now that being said I hate doing them and that means I have to have them as a part of my program. Therefore I have added them back in. In particular I am focusing on the 1 arm swing. I have to re-evaluate when I place them in the schedule, because I know today was not the right day after a big snatch session. I felt my low back fatigue at 120 and was able to hit 150 which was great, but I want at least 200

Morning
Pull-ups
12, 10, 8

all bodyweight but because of the massive tear in my hand I had to use a true finger grip and could not crush the bar. I found this to actually work to my benefit and if anything will increase my strength

Afternoon
1 arm swing
32/10/10 x7
+ 5/5x1 to hit 150.

Took 10 minutes to complete

2 KB Military Press
32/6/6x3

These felt good especially doing 2 bells. totally different workout. did 2 sets see-saw style and one double press.

2 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

good stuff. you know how much I like swings as a pure strengthener and conditioner.tore up the hands with the snatches eh? remember the athletic tape fix.

the more you swing the more you'll figure out your best power stroke with the least amount of lower back fatigue.still need to find the hips.

Joe Sarti said...

You know what is funny is I totally feel the contraction of the glutes. Therefore I think and feel i have found my hips. However, maybe from what you are saying this might not be the case.

I believe the fatigue is in the medius not so much the erectors. thoughts?

I do remember the fix, that works awesome. I have been following you protocols ;-)

thanks for the feedback