Monday, April 30, 2007

Change

So the last week of my life has been hectic. I just moved to an amazing home in an amazing place, Los Gatos CA. I am right on the trailhead and next to water for jazmine. So safe to say I am super excited. Therefore, last week was shot with workouts. They were not what I hoped for but I did what I could here and there. I moved everyday, had to travel on the weekend and my body and mind are fatigued because of this the workouts have suffered.

Last weeks Snatch workout done on Friday
32/5/5x1
32/5/5/5/5/5/5/5/5= 40 reps (swtiched every 5)
32/5/5/5/5/5/5 = 30 reps (switched every 5)
32/10/10 = 20 reps

total time 5 minutes and 19 secs. for the 90 reps. The first 5 and 5 was a warm-up

Now the goal was not time but I just kept my eyes peeled to have an idea. I was wasted at the end and my form suffered. Overall I was just fatigued but still proud of my work loads


Today, Monday the 29th

I was supposed to work with Rif, but being he got back late for the RKC in Minnesota the decision was to move our workout to Wed. So, instead of the Deads my objective was the Snatch again. Well I just did not have it today. My goal was to do 8 sets of 10 and 10 just to build up my volume and increase my abililty to handle 10 reps/side (i.e. increase my lactic threshold)

Snatch
32/5/5x1
32/10/10x2 (falling apart at the seams technique wise) so I am switiching to Swings

1 Arm Swing
32/20/20x2
32/15/15x2

Total volume
Snatch = 50
1 Arm swing = 140

Good choice to make the change to swings. Now that I am settled in at home I am will be able to get some good nutrition and good rest. I want to have a great training session on Wed so I have to get myself hormones situated. No excuses now I can focus on what needs to be done with the workouts. I am glad I at least got the work I was supposed to in and look forward to some more good work thru the week!

3 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

nice work on the fridays workout dude, excellent. however today,since it was so close you should have gone with the 24 kg.
sorry about today. see you wednesday.

Joe Sarti said...

thx. I thought about calling and asking that question but did not want to bug you since I knew you were tired. No worries about today, still got some great work with the 1 arm swings

see you wed

Mark Reifkind said...

yes the swings were a good substitute too.get some rest and I'll see you tomorrow.