Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Mountain Bike

Last night headed out for a hard, intense ride. The idea was to really push this one particular hill known as the Jones Trail or St. Josephs Hill. I wanted to mix my gears a certain way and push to the top. After the initial phase which is a 1/2 mile climb, how is that for a warm-up and a way to wake the body I found my groove and started to push myself. Again, I did not want to break lactate threshold if I could avoid it and I do not think I did since I did not feel the fatigue. However, since the climb is only 2 miles there is a possibility that in a 4 mile or more I would have felt the effects of the push on a greater level.

So, a 1/2 mile from the top I saw a man about 200 yards in front of me and my goal was to catch him. Not an easy task because that last 1/2 mile is all uphill with a couple good steep sections where if you push to hard you will have to recover and not have enough time to make a run. Well, with 200 yards to go, I passed him indeed and it felt just because he unknowingly gave me something extra to push for.

So this was another great ride added with the 9 mile ride with the final 5 a straight climb out on The Purisma Creek trail this past weekend, which was a great ride for building endurance and confidence, I can tell that my skills are increasing as is my strength and endurance.

I truly have rediscovered the love and thrill of being in the saddle and havin fun whether alone with my IPOD Shuffle or with friends. Plan to ride tomorrow or Friday and for sure on the weekend. So, 2 more this week will be excellent.

Combined with my other training which I am very pleased with I feel really solid heading into May and for the TSC in September. Rifs coaching and direction has truly helped me to focus

No comments: