Saturday, April 21, 2007

Kettlebells

Did the good ole reliable Clean and Press today with the 32kg. It felt like a good day for pressing and working through my techniques. Although, 70 lbs is always 70lbs no matter what and then you make it into an odd shape like the KB and 70 lbs really adds up.

Another thing, I noticed how tender my hammies are today. Those swings really stuck it to the hams and I dig the feeling. Low back has a mild, in fact real mild case of soreness but nothing that would hold me back

Clean and Press
32/5/5x5

Total time less than 10 minutes. I was not purposely racing the clock but I do enjoy pushing and with excellent technique.

Pull-ups
10x2
8x3

This is done on the steps at my house. So I cannot get the same feel in the grip as the bar but I feel it really increases my strength through my fingers which should carryover to the tactical bar grip pull-ups.

Short and quick but just what I needed. I have noticed a considerable change in my physique over the last few weeks and I would put myself at about 10% body fat at 173. Not far from my goal of 165 to 168 at 8%. Dig the warrior diet although I have been a little extra hungry this week, must be on my period, lol.

Cannot wait till Monday

2 comments:

Unknown said...

32/5/5x5

What do the numbers mean?

Joe Sarti said...

5 reps per side for 5 sets with the 32kg kettlebell

hope this helps