Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Snatches

Well today was the big snatch session day. my goal was to accomplish 2, three minute work sets

Set 1
32/8/8
32/9/9
32/10/10

total time 2:43....complete rest of 5 minutes before set 2

Set 2
32/10/10 (getting hard)
32/9/9 (really pushing)
32/3/3

I missed the mark of 8/8 on the last set. Rarely if ever does that happen but today it did. Partly due to the fact that my mind set was not right today. I had a personal issue to handle just before training. I attempted to channel that energy and did a pretty good job but forcing out those last 10 reps would have been with terrible technique. In competition this is cool, but in training no.

So next week I will adjust the workout some and play around. However there is one real good thing about this workout (more than one but this was a PR). I did 100 reps for the first time.

I plan to do some more work today but mainly stretch and do some core stuff!

More to learn, more room to grow and improve and I have a goal. 100 reps in 5 minutes with the 32kg

3 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

still a good effort dude and lets you know where you are. remember though with these ladders to restart with the low reps and then go up. If you cant make it then stop early.

Mark Reifkind said...

or next time lets try

8/8
9/9
10/10

6/6
7/7
8/8

Joe Sarti said...

Excellent Rif. I like that concept I know I will be able to hit those numbers. Tough workout and I knew I was in trouble early that is why I reversed the ladder. I wanted to get the reps in plus I had my first tear on my hands in a long time....I am on it though following your gymnastic rules for healing

Thanks for the numbers