Sunday, April 01, 2007

Mountain Bike

Took my big buddy Mike out today for the second ride of the season. I can already feel the difference from day 1. I felt a consistent output of power and drive to the pedals and maintained my heart rate, never breaking threshold. This is key at this point, just staying under my anaerobic Threshold to control lactate and enable me to perform for duration with strength. My energy system and legs seem to be adapting well.

Covered approximately 8 miles. Not sure how long because I never looked at the clock but about 1.5 hours.

Another beautiful day playing out in nature!

TOMORROW, I am back at the Rifstonian Institute to work with my coach for the first time in what seems like ages. We will be working the deadlift, snatches and pull-ups, essentially a TSC day! Week 1 of training for Sept 8th!

No comments: