Monday, April 16, 2007

Deadlifts and Pull-ups

Week 4 of deadlifts. Today the focus was speed lifts! I like these workouts. A nice weight, good for technique and a lot fo work in a short period

365/1x15 with 30 sec rest between reps

Rif and I worked out a better position today. lengthening the arms via scapula protraction and resting the bar more in my fingers and less in the meat of the hands shortened the distance I had to cover and seem to be related to me being much more explosive and in better position. I think I am describing this correctly but I am still finding the groove but it sure felt really good.


Pulls-ups
27lbs/5x7
27lbs/4x1

Was supposed to do 5 on the last set but missed.

Great workout and more learning!

Rif is impressive and is inspiring me with these high reps swing sets. I love watching his approach to progressions and his consist technique through each swing! I hate high reps :-)

3 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

great job yesterday joe, your position really came out. this is just the start. glad my little 16 k reps are helpining inspire you, I think you just like seeing me gas!

Joe Sarti said...

thx man and that is funny stuff about the gas...lol :-)

Yes, just the beginning! I feel great, no residuals effects

Franz Snideman said...

Me too Joe..I don't like high reps either..but there is some benefit to them as Rif teaches!

Hope you are well!