Monday, April 02, 2007

Deadlifts at Stones

My first back in Stones and it felt good, felt right! I am honored to be back in Stones training with the coach whom I look up too most, Mark Reifkind. Being in a position to coach athletes I have learned so much about the importance of a great coach and the importance of being humble and open to learning. So, I am walking back into Stones a humble man, ready and willing to learn from one of the best!

Deadlifts:
85% of 500 pounds for singles
135/2x1
225/2x1
315/1x1
365/1x1
405/1x1

Work Sets
427/1x6

Overall I felt good today, but I realize that mountain biking hard the day before a big DL is not smart. I will be much more fresh for next weeks session. Rif did bring up a couple great points (already paying off being back): keep the scapula over the bar and get my chest into the lift so i am not left having to lift with my back when my legs have finished the move. And of course any time we talk strategy around percentage lifting I always come out smarter.

So Rif suggested that I save my big Snatch day for another day when I can train fresh. This makes total sense. So instead today I focused on some basic

Military Press
32/5/5x5

Good solid work hitting the groove.

Awesome day! I am a smarter and better trainer because of today, that is worth its weight in gold

No comments: