Wednesday, January 23, 2008

pull-ups & Jerks

4 weeks and counting to the RKC and Taming the Beast. Today I trained what I believe, strangely enough, to be my toughest of the 3 moves

Pull-ups
Bw/3x2
16/3x1
24/3x2

32/2x3
32/1x6

Pulls felt very solid today and I am that much closer to where I need to be.

Jerks
32/7/7
32/8/8
32/9/9
32/10/10
32/11/11

As Mark noted these are a great assistance move for both my Presses and Pistols. I do enjoy the move and today I noticed my quads (must be from the squats and pistols) which this move places a large emphasis on the 'tear drop' of the quad muscles.

Feels really good to be training and approaching my goal of taming the Beast. The last 10 months of my training has been the best and most focused effort I have ever had toward training and performing.

Often before I relied on pure ability and a strong mind. Now I am learning how to package it all together it a thing of beauty and performance. Plus, My body and mind are holding up very well.

As usual I performed my daily Yoga 30 plus minute practice.

No comments: