Thursday, January 26, 2012

Yoga, The Sweet Practice

Ah, the practice of yoga. In no other practice do I experience what I do in my yoga practice. There is something about the yoga room that grounds me to the present and my body. I feel that its a place where I have no distractions, a committed time set aside and common ground. I get to turn off my mind and focus on my breath and body putting myself into each moment, each asana, each breath. It is a form of meditation that brings me home to my heart and soul.

I know this sounds a bit new ageish, maybe a bit abnormal but not all experiences can words surmise. We all have unique experiences in life and many shared or common aspects but the experience as a whole is unique. Often we can relate and comprehend which helps but there is nothing like practice and the experience.

It is wonderful to find a practice in life that rewards on many levels, this I encourage all to do for ones health and well-being.

Namaste

No comments: