Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Back in the Saddle

Ok, so I have been on the run travelling across the country over the last week. Now, I did get some workouts in focusing on doing bodyweight movements, 100 squats, 100 push-ups, 25 pull-ups and abs stuff.

So, most of you probably know we got DQ against Gracie which is a shame but it is what it is. I have my thoughts, I have my opinions but since I am so close to the situation I believe it is best I say nothing. I am excited for us to get back in the gym and continue building steam for our next fight.

Today I got back into the gym and teamed up with our boxing coach Tony DeMaria and had my first true 1 on 1 lesson including shadow warm-up (technique) with just the jab and evolving to hitting mitts using various combos, etc. WOW, there is so much too boxing and it is such a highly technically skilled sport. I could see my game improve but my level of understanding exceeds my abiliities. More tomorrow

Tonight I will hit the bells and focus on Clean and Press, Snatch and maybe pistols. I have deadlifts and heavy pull-ups tomorrow plus whatever else (like boxing) comes my way so I want to be ready since my body has laid off any big stuff since last THursday. Play it smart and see how the cards unfold.

2 comments:

Tommy Shook said...

Joe,

Hit my blog, as I have a new entry that will surely interest you regarding boxing.
Its a shame about the DQ..can't always control the way refs and judges rule on things. My hat is off to you for giving all of this a go...tough stuff to be sure.

Joe Sarti said...

thanks all Shook Up...lol...went to Graceland to visit Elvis and could not pass this up

I will read.