Monday, February 19, 2007

A bundle

Started off the day with a strong 25 minute joint mobility session. Working a lot on the double infinity motions and finding that I am improving rapidly. I am concentrating on doing the motions for each joint.

Second workout took some of the boyz down to the gym for a deadlift, bench press combo. I like the idea of feeling weight in the hands and as well the techniques and concepts of the movements do have a carryover effect that is quite nice.

Deadlift
started with 135 and warmed-up all the way to 365 doing doubles
405/1x2
425/1x1
455/1x1

Wow did I feel the connection to my body and the bar. The weight went right up. I am back on a good groove with the deads and ready to approach the 500's.

Bench Press
135/2x1
185/2x1
225/1x1
245/1x1
265/1x1

I was surprised at how easy this was, of course relatively speaking. I am not a huge fan of the movement and not very concerned about achieving anything in particular so I keep the total volume low. However, I do like the feeling of pushing that weight and the psychological carryover is real.


Workout 3
Shuttle Runs
300 yards x5

Did these with 2 groups. Group 1 goes, followed by group 2 at the finish for 5 rounds. Did both 10 to 50 and 50 to 10 versions. I find the 10 to 50 much harder because the distance increases as the fatigue increases and I feel the lactic acid start to build

20 yard Shuttles x4
Sprint, 1 by 1 for the four of us. Fast and furious and a nice transition

Tempo Runs
100 yardsx6

Nothing to hard, we needed to flush the lactic acid and we were all burnt. So this was a great time to stop and listen to the body.

Great day

1 comment:

Mark Reifkind said...

now you're talking dude. aint no reason you aint a strong ass bencher too. very nice work. your deads will be over five very soon now.