Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I love the Bells

thanks to the Russians, Pavel and Rif for creating, bringing and introducing me to the Kettlebells. I just love the bells. I love the feeling of being strong, fit, athletic, mobile, flexible, smooth, rhythmic, and so much more. Plus, the effects it has on all the folks I personally have worked, those whom I do not know and the athletes I train are just incredible. I have really yet to have me et a person who has trained with them and exercises in general on a regular basis who does not enjoy having them as part of their regular workout routine.

So today a couple of the guys on the team and I got out and hit the bells

Windmill
24/5/5x2
32/5/5x1

the groove is strong, I felt so good with this move. I find that this is the move that when I do it I realize just how much I enjoy the motion, how crucial it is and just why I need it in the program.

Pistol
24/3/3x1
32/2/2x1
40/1/1x2

Another great move and everytime I do it I am reminded of the KB Principles. The groove felt good and the left leg equal to the right which is not always the case in this exercise.

Clean and Press, 2 KBs
24/5/5x1 warm-up
32/5/5x5

Awesome and progressively improved with each set. I cannot wait to do double 40's....yikes, lol

2 hand swing
40/10x5

followed Rifs blog entry a number of days ago. We went 1 for 1 and had heavy weight, low reps, limited rest. We could have done more but considering the fact we are meeting up with Ken Black tomorrow and who knows what he has in store for us and the fact the guyz had more workouts and I am starting to feel under the weather this was a great point to build off.

Until tomorrow

4 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

The bells rock Joe, you are right!

Nice workout.

Are you competing in the TSC in March?

Joe Sarti said...

no competing, just training right now. Eventually I will compete.

thx Franz

Mark Reifkind said...

great post joe, and man do I wish I could do windmills and pistols as well as you. they are great moves especially with those weights!
basic heavy and hard. good stuff

Joe Sarti said...

thx Rif, a real moment observation