Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Capoiera

Ok, did my first session this evening. Now I have to admit I did so following DVD's but this guy is awesome.

First off it is an awesome movement that is all flow, non-stop and set to some kick ass beats. I love the feel, I love the culture and I have to find time to get to class. I know there is a studio in San Jose that teaches and m goal is to get down to refine/improve my basic techniques. I would like to add this to my moblity workout and use it as part of my daily practice.

I am finding that a lot of what I am learning is becoming part of my mobility/conditioning program. Of course I am still doing my kettlebell workouts, deadlifts, and pull-ups. Add that with learning the movements of the MMA stuff and I have a lot fo great things on my plate.

Now, one would say, in factmany that it is difficult to work them all and be great. True, possibly but I find they compliment each other. Plus, with the MMA stuff I am not trying to be a master. The thing I want to master is movement and flow while increasing my strength, cardiovascular conditioning, flexiblility, mobility, and overall athletic ability. I love to move plan and simple and I love to flow.

No comments: