Friday, February 09, 2007

Observations of a world traveler

Oh how traveling anywhere offers an abundance on experiences and what a joy they are. First off I love to travel. I have been to over 15 countries and all throughout the United States and I cannot find an experience I did not enjoy. Today in particular I decided to observe some things and here is what I have come up with so far and I have only been from San Jose, CA to LAX (Los Angeles, CA).

• Flights get cancelled and at the last minute
• Make sure you can run fast
• It is best to not check luggage just in case flight gets cancelled and this way you have everything you need with you.
• Just because you have a seat and reservation does not mean you will get to fly on that flight.
• Why? Because computers screw up and cancel people out of the system.
• Make sure to wear your running shoes just in case you have to catch a connecting plane that you are late for.
• Patience is truly a virtue
• Make sure to smile and laugh it makes everything more pleasant.
• Ask for help
• Be kind to the help often it is not their fault
• Excuse me/pardon me are rarely used terms.
• To many you are only an obstacle in their path.
• This security threat business is wacked. What the heck is Orange anyways.
• Airport food sucks, this is where the warrior diet pays off.
• If you drink a lot of water make sure to get an aisle seat.
• There is no such thing as free wireless internet in the airport.
• Fly direct.
• Bring your IPod and a good book.

Continuation of my Journey on route from LAX to Memphis, thru Dallas
• I found one place where being short has its advantage, in airplane seats
• It pays to fly first class
• Did I already say how much the food sucks, especially when you it comes to eating time on the warrior diet.
• Gotta love the view from a plane
• Sunsets are amazing from the sky
• Clouds look so much different when you are above them or in them
• It truly is the journey and the destination that make trips memorable.
• If you have never traveled alone, do so.
• The best people watching

I am sure there are many more things but I hope this gets you to think as you travel and maybe even inspire you to travel. It is fun to step out of your world and into other worlds, it makes you realize so much about yourself and life. I hope you add to this list as you travel. I have a number of other trips still too come this year myself so I am looking forward to reflecting, utilizing and adding to the list.

Enjoy

No comments: