Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Powerlifts

Had a bit of time between clients this morning and weights at my disposal. So I did my third week of my first cycle of deadlifts and even added in bench press.

15 minutes of Joint mobility

Deadlifts
135/2x1
225/2x1
315/2x1
365/1x1
405/1x3

Can you say strong, I can and I felt it today even with some residuals from Climbing on Sunday and yesterdays work. Because of this I decided to pass on the pull-ups and throw in the bench for fun. Truthfully, not an exercise I enjoy but felt good to hold some weight in my hands. Plus, watching Rif instruct I understand some of the finer points of bench especially for my level

Bench Press
135/3x1
185/3x1
225/3x1
245/1x3

this felt good, ny technique was raw since I have benched only twice in the last 3 years...lol Why bench when you can kettlebell military press :-)

that is it for now, I have a 90 minute yoga session tonight so I did not want to kill myself. Plus I need to loosen up my body not make it tighter at this point.

No comments: