Sunday, May 13, 2007

Bodybuilding

Wow, do I remember the days working out in Gold's Gym with my training partner hit a hard chest and tri workout, a good 4 to 5 exercises with 3 to 5 sets/exercise and 8 to 15 reps and this was just for the chest portion. It has been since 1998 that I lifted like this and I had some great results but I never did much with it as it really was for vanity it seemed and I just have always enjoyed exercise. I have a lot of respect for bodybuilders, their dedication, discipline, and the way they sculp their body like a masterpiece.

The reason I write this post is my girlfriend Mia just finished her training for a figure/bodybuilding contest. I was able to experience the last 2 months of her training and diet and I cannot say enough of how proud I am for her. Her dedication to the process, to the journey taught me so much! And, WOW she looks just awesome! She came in around 10% bodyfat at a cool 112 pounds. I kept telling her that the most important aspect of all this is the journey and how she stay focused and stuck to her goal and then end result is this stunningly gorgeous body, sculpted like the masterpiece it is...Micheloangelo would be very impressed :-). I am so proud of her and I appreciate her! Her perspective and attitude toward the whole concept and process are so healthy and in the crazy subculture that is bodybuilding this is not always the case....believe me I had many a friend who have competed and I must say that their reasons, which I respect, were not always healthy to say the least, nor their methods. This is not an indictment of the process but more a realization and appreciation for Mia and her treating her body like the temple it is with so much love and respect and her follow through on her commitment to herself and her goals. She accomplished everything she set out to and she does and should feel proud and complete!

With my goal of the TSC in Sept I have supporting me through the process my best friend who knows what it takes to follow through to the completion of a goal. And, I have a great coach who also knows so I would say my support system is strong as ever! I am so honored and grateful that I was able to support Mia on her path and I look forward to her support on mine, what a great partner, teammate!

To goals, the journey we take toward them, the accomplishments along the way, the lessons we learn, and the check mark next to the box, may we all have such experiences and may we be able to see them and feel the positive aspects of them. And to Mia, I am so proud of you and grateful for you!

Namaste

2 comments:

Aaron Friday said...

That's a really nice message, Mr. Fitness. Congratulations to both of you!

Joe Sarti said...

Thank you Aaron, we appreciate your thoughtfulness