Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A Good Day

back at Stones today always exciting and interesting :-). Love learning and this environment encourages learning and growing in the physical and mental sense

Deadlifts
135/5x1
185/3x1
225/3x1
275/3x1
315/2x1
365/2x1
405/1x1
438/1x1
455/1x1
468/1x1

The last 3 singles felt good, just having some weight and it feeling heavy was nice. My form/technique across the board seemed to be in good sync today. The bar did not move quite as fast as I wanted but the technique felt good. Set-up is paramount to success and that means placing the feet in proper position with the shins the right distance from the bar to get the best knee position and that way I can load the hips/legs properly for the drive. WOW, a lot of stuff, lol but I love it!

Snatch
24/8/8x1
24/5/5x2 (held bell in top position for an approximate 2 count)
32/5/5x4 (held again)

The hold really allows me to find my center, so noted RIf and I agree. I felt my downswing was better and I did feel more efficient which he noted I would, he was on the money. Great work and I like the pace. If I could pace it out I would get 100 in 5 minutes (under perfect conditions)

Snatch holds
24kg/ 1minute/side x 2

These really are great and such a great flexibility exercise and will help me when doing the 5 minute test


Overall a great day. A little fatigued from yesterday and being under the weather but I am very pleased and feel great

3 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

yea that was a really solid day. the dls look as good as I've ever seen you pull, same with the snatches. now it's just remembeing the groove and building the strength in them. good work, especially not rested and still a bit sick.

Brett Jones said...

Nice pulling Joe - being able to "stay relaxed" and approach the training with a calm focus is very helpful when you are fatigued because you can't rely on adrenaline etc...You just have to get tight and pull. Nice work.

Joe Sarti said...

Thank you for the words/thoughts gents. Coming from you two, it is always worth listening/hearing.

Brett, Keep up the work on your end. Maybe I will attempt to join the deadlift team ;-)