Monday, May 28, 2007

LInear

What is the shortest distance between 2 point? This is a question I often ask of clients and today it was made clear to me in my own movement. the answer is a straight line or linear movement which is also the most efficient and effective movement when it comes to the deadlift. now, if I can just remember this point :-)

Deadlift
135/5
185/5
225/3
275/3
315/2
365/1
405/1

work sets
427/1x6

It is all in the set-up and then the excution in the straightest line possible. I must remember to lead with my chest and keep my center of gravity over the bar so I can effectively use my strength in the legs. Good day

rack Lockouts @ knee height
225/2
315/2
405/2
495/2
545/1

I like this. Nice to put the weight in the hands and on the body.

Pull-ups
45#/3x6

Excellent reps and a great feel today with these. I felt really strong and super connected. I do believe that the tension and use of the body via lat contraction with the deadlifts helps me too focus on the pull-ups and using my grip and lats together to produce a smooth, straight line with proper technique.

2 kb Presses (that is 2 in one hand)
2, 12kg (total of 24kg)/2x1
16kg/12kg/2x1
20kg/16kg/2x1

Had to try them since Rif was doing them and I am like a kid in a candy store. They are easier than 1 bell presses and Rif summized that it is due to the higher center of gravity or as he put it "it is like pressing at chin height which gives great leverage" Nonetheless they were fun and I look forward to trying this again. I did feel the fatigue of those lats/grip

1 comment:

Tim Dymmel said...

I can't wait to see what happens when you max.

Keep it up, bro.