Friday, May 11, 2007

findin my groove

Today with the swing motion my focus was to find my groove. I have been playing some after watching Rif. I think my groove changs based on KB size, type of exercise swing versus snatch versus clean, and how much fatigue. One is more squat based and the other more hip with minimal knee bend. Both are effective and work excellent like I said just depends

Windmill
24/5/5x1
32/5/5x2

Squat and Press
32/3/3x1
40/3/3x3

I prefer the Clean and Press over this move, even the clean, squat and press. Nonetheless all 3 are amazing exercises and provide an excellent training effect. I feel so much stronger with the 40 in my hands. This is a staple tool for me, as it should be. The consistent application and program has really enabled me to increase my comfort level (via strength and technique) with the 32 and 40kg.

1 arm Swing
24/10/10
24/15/15
24/20/20
24/20/20
24/15/15
24/10/10

total of 180

Ok, definitely prefer the hippy motion for this. notice a total difference in power and force production. Back handles the loads well. So, I think that the squat type move comes in particular with the 32kg as I use more of an Olympic Snatch motion. I will work with Rif come Wed and try to figure this whole thing out. I feel one step closer though. I really do like the hip motion, my glutes and hams feel the effects :-)

Tomorrow I will do body weight pull-ups

I did 1 set of 15 straight right out the shoot yesterday, felt good. Still trying to find a place to situate the bar at my new casa. There is work being done on the yard, etc. right now and once construction is done I think I will have a place

2 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

yeah we'll play with in on wed. I think you need to decide on a groove and stay with it regardless of weight for the swing and the snatch. the swing should be your set up movement for the snatch.
we'll see wednesday , and we'll take a look a bit on monday too.

damn good training btw.

Joe Sarti said...

thanks Rif, I think having you take a look and give me feedback will be just what the doctor ordered. See you Monday and have a great workout manana!