Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Snatch work

Went to Rifstonian institute today to work on my snatch form, here is the numbers

Snatch
32/11/11
32/10/10
32/9/9

Here are a few discoveries.
1. My back is feeling better than ever, with no signs of stress or strain. I feel super strong with my body mechanics related to the use of my back.
2. However I am having some issues with the downstroke which is affecting my grip negatively and grinding my hands. This is my limiting factor and a crack on my right hand re-opened and I had a huge tear on my left.
3. I have to pull earlier with my shoulder on the up swing and stomp hard with my heels to get my butt into gear.
4. GS downswing or some variation will be better for my hand/grip. My grip does not fatigue just grinding my hands and I keep tearing.
5. I feel extremely positive with this all coming together. I just need to get the timing/coordination in sync and this may take a bit of time if I do not care for my hands properly. Plus with the deads/pull-ups my grip and calluses are getting major work, even more reason to be on it!
6. Have to work my one arm swing more just to hone my skills using the 40, 24, 16, and 32.
7. I am learning so much each week, each workout that I love it!. It is great to have a goal because it really allows/forces in many respects me to focus on improving specific aspects of my training (i.e. weaknesses as well as strengths).

To sub for the additional snatch work

1 Arm swings
24/15/15x4

Never once challenged my cardio, which is feeling really good and allows me to focus on my technique not having to catch my breathe....lol

Awesome day, great week so far

2 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

nice introspection and sounds like you are in a good groove right now with your workouts!

Joe Sarti said...

thank you Franz. I do not often put all my thoughts down because the list would be long, lol. but things are going very well.

take care my friend