Friday, May 25, 2007

What a life

How great a life I live! Shoot, it is 10;30 on a friday and I am home chillin and decide to dig into my workout. Now, I have nothing else to do the rest of the day and my long weekend begins.

Yesterday around 5:30 my neighbor( whom I rent from) knocks on the door and hits me up to go for a quick ride, to the top of Jones and back. Now this cat is a crazy downhill rider with a bike weighing in at 45 pounds and loaded to the gills with goodies. Also, he has set a number of cool trails up for mountain bikers within the area, so tired or not I cannot pass up this "quick" ride. 45 minutes up and back, a great workout covering 5 miles, a great sweat and heck my sinus cavity feels super open! I love my home!

So back to today! Rif and I spoke and he said I should do 1 arm swings with the 32kg for 15/15/15/15/15/15 seconds/arm for a total of 1:30. I established that the number is 8 reps for that 15 second period, so 24/arm and 48 total/set

Windmill
24/5/5x1
32/5/5x1
40/3/3x1

It has been sometime since I put the 40 overhead for a windmill and I must be feeling strong because it felt good.


1 Arm swing
32/8/8/8/8/8/8 x3

144 1 arm swings. the volume is less than what I have done as my best but with the sheer number of reps/set this was appropriate. I really felt the glutes and hams and it was not till the last 13 reps that I could tell I was losing steam and to end this portion of the workout with a solid number. Heart rate was super stable, did not even notice my lungs/heart just those muscles :-)

Military Press
40/5/5x1
40/4/4x1
40/3/3x1

I love grunt and grinding these big weights, it just makes you feel like you are really pushing yourself. I frickin stuck the reps well and look forward to getting my 5x5 in.


Often at night Mia and I go for a walk/hike in the hills. For many this is a hike for us more like a walk. Also we stretch regularly (she is a gumby) and I do not blog all this but just want to share so folks have an idea

To a great day/weekend, time to play in the hills

2 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

good work man, thats some serious pressing with the bulldog! getting ready for another run at the beast challenge soon, after the tsc!

Joe Sarti said...

Thanks man, I am ready to be a beast master ;-)