Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Deadlifts and Pull-ups

Back on it today with Rif. Really struggled last week to do anything productive. Felt weak in my prior 2 big workouts eventhough I had some good numbers. So, today it was crucial I get back on the ball and get some good weight in my hands.

Deadlifts
135/2x1
225/1x1
275/1x1
315/1x1
365/1x3

work sets
405 for 5 singles.

Still cannot find my form consistently which means I do not have the true feel. Now, I have felt it before but I do not have it 100% and therefore I am a little slow out the shoot because of my position which affects my technique. Conceptually speaking I totally understand but I have not been able to make the full transformation to the movement.

Deadlift to the knees with a pause
315/3x2
275/3x2

Forgot to ask the specifics of why we did this but I can tell it was good.

Pull-ups
10kg/6x6

these were very good. Focused on pulling through the lats. Going to work more on full body tension to help increase hyper irridation (overall muscle tension and recruitment for more strength).

Some good eats, some quality rest and I will be ready for the next workout

1 comment:

Mark Reifkind said...

the deadlift to the knee is to solidify the start position and maintain that to the point where the hip drive takes over.
you have to maintain the same hip/back angle off the floor as long as you can get themost from your hips. good job today.