Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Reach

Ok today was the day to work with the Kettlebell snatch technique with a hand that has 2 tears,etc.

I am not sure of the numbers as I was so focused on improving, finding, perfecting my technique. The key for me is too reach back more, allowing the swing to develop and generate more moment. This hinge has me deeper into my hips/legs, much like my deadlift, how strange is that..lol

It was a great session with Rif, he really helped me even thru my frustration which made everything more difficult today. But I have a plan and I can translate what I need to do, now I just need to practice.

Majority of the work was swing/snatch alternate with the 32 kg and some with the 24kg. Progress for sure!

4 comments:

Brett Jones said...

Joe,
I think the hardest thing for snatches in the end is to take the time at the "catch" - sounds great.

Franz Snideman said...

Joe. Keep it up brother!

Mark Reifkind said...

successfully progressive training is all about the weak points; observing,deconstructing, accepting, analyzing, correcting, reconstructing and integrating.
Then testing again, rediscovering the 'new' weak point and red doing the whole process.
one must be dispassionate about the gym process so that changes can be made, as well as progress.

patience young grasshopper, patience.

Joe Sarti said...

Thank you gents for your contributions. Yes Rif, as a student uner your tutelage I do understand the value and importance of Patience which is one of the most integral aspects of any successful training program.

Yes, Brett great point and something that will help me to remember the key aspects of the technique.