Thursday, May 31, 2007

Speed, Agility and Quickness

Spent the day working with my strength coach friend Andrew Wun. He is the strength and conditioning coach for Santa Clara Univ Baseball team and he is SPARQ certified (which he remarked really means nothing but does in the eyes of those who do not know what is really going on).

So he took my through a really cool active warm-up filled with dynamic stretches, sprints, bodyweight conditioning exercises, etc. After about 20 minutes of this he took me through the SPARQ test. I had asked him to teach me the SPARQ ideaology since I have a client whose 2 young athletes want to improve these 5 factors for sports.

I did a vertical jump, 30 yard sprint, 5-10-5, and a rotational throw (this is the baseball test). I could feel the last 3 days and I was so weak and fatigued in my CNS and just had no power. Plus it was a 4.5 mile bike ride to the gym and I had to ride home.

I did enjoy doing the work and it is always awesome to learn new things. I really did have a great workout and I just miss sports, as I love applying my skills acquired through all this training.

Great day and more coming next week!

No comments: