Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Tearing it up

Today is my snatch day. A lot going on with this move right now. One, we are trying to determine at what rep with a cummalitve effect in mind do I hit lactic acid phase; two I am working on what the deal is with my down swing on my right hand and three: my callus tore again which sucks because I have been removing the dead skin and filing but for whatever reason I tore one and have a second on the verge

Snatch
32/5/5x2
32/10/10x1

60 reps in 5 minutes and bingo I discovered the tear and that was it. So I finished with 1 arm swings

32/15/15 rest 30 sec
32/10/10 rest 30 sec
32/10/10 I am done

Frustrated about the tear but 60 snatches in 5 minutes is becoming the norm and only over about an 7 week period. I know I can hit 80 just by sheear tenacity but I want them to come with great technique as well. All in all I am doing very well I just want more. So, I hope to hit the snatch with Rif next Wed for his coaching, etc. I think it would be good. I plan on doing more 1 arm swings Friday playing with the weight though, maybe hig reps with the 24 or 28, we will have to see.

3 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

60 reps ain't bad Joe. You'll be up to 100 very soon.

Great talking to you yesterday :)

Joe Sarti said...

thanks Franz. I have done 90 in 5:19 so I know I can get there. My goal yesterday did not have a time focus, just important note, mentally and physically

Always great talking with you my friend! :-)

Mark Reifkind said...

no worries,its all this volume all of a sudden with the 32 kg. we'll cleanr it up wednesday. good workout nonetheless.