Friday, May 04, 2007

CSP and Snatch

Wanted to do some Strength and Conditioning full body kettlebell style. Task accomplished!

Clean, Squat and Press
24/3/3x2 for a warm-up
40/3/3x3. This is the first time I have done the complete move with the 40kg. I could have done more in ladder format but I really wanted to focus on the Snatch and thought it best to keep the strength load low on the volume. But, felt really good with this move as a complete motion using the 40kg. I should use this weight for the singl;e bell and the 32 for the doubles. This is a supplementary/complimentary move to the TSC program. Plus, it is a full body complex movement that is just awesome.


Snatch
24/20/20x1 (took 1:45)
24/10/10x1
24/5/5/5/5x3 (now the total time is 8:30)...here my mind starts to think. I know I can do 150 in 10 minutes, I have never done so and I have a minute + to bust it. here I go
24/10/10/5/5

I did it right at 10 even and with nothing left in the tank. It felt good mentally to push and physically to challenge the body in a state of fatigue to sprint hard. Technique was rough the last 3 reps but I made it.

NOTE: Heart rate 20 seconds after the fact was equal to 216 beats per minute. At 1.5 minutes I was down to 120. Nice recovery and I have to admit 12 minutes after the fact I am writing this and I feel energized and my low back feels fatiqued but I am pleasantly surprised I am not wrecked or overally tight!

Great workout and I am feeling better, still not fully recovery from overall fatigue but I am feeling fighting strong!

If all goes well and I wake up feeling good i am going to do a swing/bodyweight pull-up tomorrow!

PS I am getting the crow to handstand down well, even did it off the kettlebells. My handstands are improving if not pretty

2 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

excellent! thats what I'm talking about. good numbers and you are right on track.

Joe Sarti said...

thanks Rif! really appppreciate your feedback