Monday, May 14, 2007

Off the Blocks

Hit the blocks today, that is deadlifting off a 1 inch block which is to help foster starting strength (strength off the floor) and in my case as Rif put it help me find my proper position by forcing me to get lower in my stance really emphasizing the use of my legs....I really enjoyed this approach and could tell the difference! Awesome lifting technique

Deadlift off 1 inch Block
135/5x1
185/3x1
225/3x1
275/2x1
315/2x1

348/1x13

Whoohoo, dig this lift. I felt so strong and really found a good position.

off the floor
348/1x1
315/1x2

Definitely a big difference. Found it hard to find the position I had on the blcok but by the 2nd rep with 315 I felt much better.

Pull-ups
25#/7x5

the last 2 reps on the final set were not complete, more forced but this is the end of the volume based cycle and start a new cycle next week.

Feel great! Time to hit my warrior diet!

1 comment:

Mark Reifkind said...

Joe,

great job today. I think the block is closer to two inches than one though.recover well!