Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Practice of Inner Peace

This is my daily practice, the practice of inner peace. This is my way of being, this is what my actions, thoughts, emotions, feelings, expressions, movements, you name all move and flow with and toward. Too me and for me this is the key to things such as happiness, contentment, respect for yourself and others, and the list goes on.

This is not a practice based on achievement, nor is there a way to measure the success. Instead this is a practice of being, being present, of being conscious and aware and of being still. The practice is perfect, always perfect even in its daily imperfections and 'mishaps', 'mistakes', 'imperfections' happen daily some more than others. However, there is no alarm, no cause for concern, no need to get jumpy, edgy, angry, frustrated, disappointed, etc.

This is all part of my process, of my movement toward higher levels of awareness, of consciousness, of truly being an example of a way to live life without limits, to life live to the fullest, enjoying the fruits of the situations, experiences, opportunities, relationships, and 'successes & failures', whatever they are or whatever that truly means.

I believe world peace begins at home, in the hearts, minds, bodies and souls of the individual. From there we can have the compassion and presence necessary to show through daily action what it means to act with peace, with compassion, with forgiveness, with kindness, with appreciation, with gratitude, with love, with respect for all and all living things.

Possibilities are limitless, and open to all! I wish upon everyone Inner Peace!

No comments: