Thursday, August 07, 2008

SSST, Yoga, and of course Running

Running:

Tuesday: 34 minute run covering 4 miles

PACE: 6 minute run/1 minute walk x 5

This was a good run, I pushed myself working to improve my speed and endurance.

Thursday: 46 minutes covering 5.5 to 6 miles

PACE: 6 minute run/1 minute walk x 7 (finished with an additional 10 minute cool down walk)

This was a hard pace run through beautiful Stanford University. Cool night so I felt like opening things up a bit and felt a strong tempo. By far my fastest pace or at least so I felt. Light on my feet.

Yoga Practice:

Tuesday: 30 minute home practice
Wednesday: 75 minutes or so of Home Practice
Thursday: 90 minutes of kick ass Yoga at Willow Glen Yoga with Kent Bond, an amazing teacher!

Each time I go to a yoga class I come out with some real take aways, today was one of those days where the wisdom was coming in droves. There is something to really tuning into your body, staying calm and present with each stretch, never allowing the breathe to lose its rhythm all while being in a comfortable asana at the same time reaching new heights.


Kettlebells (Wednesday)
Snatch SSST
24/5/5x2 for warm-up
24/10x10

1st round I did left hand for 10 reps, 2nd round right hand for 10 reps and alternated for the 10 minutes

Total of 100 reps (50/side)

The idea was to build a specific level of grip endurance and strength on each side doing higher reps. Next week I will go back to doing each side/minute and I hope to get 5/5 and maybe some 6/6 for some sets.

No comments: