Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Prehab, Stabilization and some sprints

Took the guys to the gym for some shoulder/core stabilization drills, joint mobility and then finished them off with a hill walk carring 2, 16kg kbs for one round and a heavy bag for the other and finished with some short hill sprints. While they did the carry I ran the hill of the death as they refer to hit and joined in for the sprints

Great mobility session and everyone felt the fatigue from it. The stabilization drills focused on first doing a circuit of push-ups using the bosu, physio ball, dyna discs and airex pad. We then did rotator cuff drills with the tubes, ball and scap retracts. After this came the carry and sprint session. More mental training and getting local muscular endurance in the shoulders, core, and forearms. They had a shadow session and some wrestling to do today so I am sure they will feel nice and ready.

Me, I am making progress with the guys and tomorrow we will do Kettlebells which I am excited for. But my conditioning levels are coming along quite well and the stabilization stuff is always a welcome addition to any training regimen.

Probably will do some light shadow this evening myself just to get some of the lactic acid out from the sparring yesterday this way I will be fresh and ready to put the kb hurt on myself and the guys

1 comment:

Tim Dymmel said...

Dude,

You are turning into a real fighter. When's your first match?

Very cool. And very impressive the workload you and your guys are doing.

Dymmel