Monday, January 29, 2007

Think About This

In a quest to continue my evolution as a person on the whole and to help the athletes and anyone whom I come in contact with for that matter I have been searching for material that I can share with them. In the process I came across a book while wondering the bookstore that captured my eye. Upon picking it up I knew I wanted to read it that it had something to say that was important and that would hit home.

The book is call The Way of The Champion , Lessons for Sun Tzu's The Art of War and other Tao Wisdom for Sports and Life by Jerry Lynch. In the first section the author discusses self talk, in particular self definition. He asks you the reader to think of words that describe yourself or that you would want others to describe you as. He says that most people will play it safe for fear of being labeled conceited, egotistical or self-centered. He says to do so in 5 or more words. So with this in mind I have created a list that is not safe but real. From this list I will write an affirmation that will support this. As you will see I came up with a few and I am sure I can come up with more...lol. If you find this valuable and decide to do this for yourself, please share, I would enjoy learning more about you.

Words that define/describe Me and I aspire to Be
1. Strong
2. Fast
3. Agile
4. Flexible
5. Mobile
6. Coordinated
7. Student
8. Teacher
9. Coach
10. Peaceful
11. Confident
12. Humble
13. Intelligent
14. Wise
15. Book Smart
16. Street Smart
17. Honest
18. Spiritual
19. Curious
20. Strong Will
21. Courageous
22. Adventurous
23. Open Mind
24. Open Heart
25. Giving
26. Healthy
27. Fit
28. Conscious
29. Aware
30. Trustworthy
31. Loyal
32. Love to Laugh
33. Kind
34. Generous
35. Thoughtful
36. Believer
37. Dependable
38. Passionate
39. Real
40. Integrity
41. Charismatic
42. Positive
43. Inspirational
44. Determined
45. Easy going
46. Intense

2 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Great goals and powerful words. Since words truly are mightier beyond our imagination, the list reads as a beautiful and passionate affirmation that you could meditate on daily. Remember that God "spoke" the universe into existence. And since we are created in the image of God, words are powerful for us to.

Joe Sarti said...

Life is a beautiful gift and it is always a gift to get great feedback and others views (especially from people you value) on life and my perspectives, thoughts, concepts, principles, etc. Thank you for sharing your gifts