Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Triples

Big Day of training. Started off with a heavy lifting session at Cisco this morning followed by some yoga

Deadlift
extensive warm-up 135 to 315
365/1x1
385/1x3

Really strong today, felt my body linked and synced. The lifts and form/technique was tight and the bar moved with ease, a good feeling

Pullups (2, 20kg Kbs)
88#s/1x5

Only made 1 full, just short with chin touching bar but not complete. This only the second time I have done weighted pull-ups in months so I am very pleased. With more practice I should be getting some good quality reps.

Yoga
Focused on Arm balances and head stand moves with some adaptations I learned with Frank. Took about 10 minutes total time

WORKOUT 2
Afternoon learning techniques of submission wrestling with Frank and Duus. And, Maurice and I worked on some basic moves for Boxing and kickboxing. WOW, this was just awesome. Not a hard workout in any way but good to learn the moves and be a dummy for the locks and throws.


WORKOUT 3
This evening dave shoulders came in and that meant we had to do something. Plus my good friend big Mike came over to toss some bells. I kept it simple

See-Saw Press
32/5/5x5

Double Cleans
32/5/5x5

Theguys did more but I just called it there. Great day but I am ready to sleep.

2 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Niece Joe! I too love see saw presses as I really can feel the lat in this movement. 32kg for 5 x 5, that's impressive. See you Friday!

Joe Sarti said...

Awesome, thank you for the compliments. I agree that on the see-saw I get real strong lat involvement as I truly focus on a push and pull motion. I was pleased with the reps. considering my fatigue levels. Just a little extra focus goes a long way.

Looking forward to Friday and I will bring the white album ;-)