Monday, January 15, 2007

Snatch

Well if I am going to do the TSC in March I figure I better get some reps under my belt and get the snatch conditioning up. I have a lot of travel over the next few weeks so i am going to do what I can. Tomorrow I have a place to do deads and pull-ups so today I focused on the snatch. Plus, just burnt from a lot of work over the last few days so want to be in good shape for the deads

Snatch
24kg/10/10x10 with approx 30 to 45 seconds rest (went closer to 45).

I felt after set 6 that I was pretty good considering I have not done 100 reps of the 24 since early December when I was doing the 5 minute max reps. However I just pushed my way through and once I made set 8 I knew I had 2 more sets so I could reach 200.

Of course the thing to go first was the low back since I do not have the conditioning for the reps or my groove for that high of rep total. Overall I felt good. Finished of with 40 jandas using the 24kg to alleviate the back discomfort. But as I write the discomfort is gone. Surprisingly only one rip but i worked through it. A little blood never hurts.

Deads tomorrow

2 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

just a head up Joe, I have NOT heard from those guys that wanted to come down to do the TSC. If they dont contact me soon there will be no meet at GIrya. Keep training but I will let you know asap.

Joe Sarti said...

no worries, good for the training no matter what ;-)

thanks rif