Monday, January 01, 2007

Technique Sparring and Wrestling lessons

Another day with Duce, Frank, Josh and Clint. Today the focus on the first part of the day was wrestling, as is par for the course right now I am observing just to learn and see the flow and movement. Every once in a while Duce uses me as the model for the move so I get beat on...lol

After tiring themselves out the guys (no Duce) and I went at it with some technique sparring. First Frank and I, then Clint, and finally Josh. All our so different in size and ability and considering this was my first ever session of this kind I had a lot to learn and took my far share of shots. Now, in this type of sparring it is not hard but more just learning to flow and work technique and thank goodness for this because I would have taken a beating.

Frank and I worked well together and he really helps to learn the game. Clint taught me a few things as well. He is a trained boxer with immense talent and haymakers that are very technical. He fights at 155 and will be in the Showtime Show on Feb 10th, watch out because as this kid learns more and gets stronger he has a real chance to make a name for himself.

Then came Josh, who is fast and uses his legs well with some pop. He fights on the IFL team and he is going to do very well once his game gets tuned in and relies on his technique and ability. Smart guy.

So those 16 ounce gloves wear on you especially after about 40 minutes and throwing in the grappling or close quarter fighting really wears on you. I felt great and was pleased with my conditioning for the boxing.

Also did 20 minutes of mobility to warm-up

No comments: