Monday, January 08, 2007

Wrestling

I love my job, how lucky am I that I get to wrestle around with professional MMA fighters and Frank. Today we got down and I learned about the ground game, just a little piece but it made a world of difference in how much less energy I expended and my ability to take on and hold down better technically skilled guys. The common comment was how strong I was, which was very cool.

So I wrestled with the IFL's
Josh Odom and Ray Steinbeiss (light and welterweight)
Shawn Bassett (Strikeforce)
Bill Newton (ex Collegiate wrestler D1) he kicked my butt, lol
Frank (who more than anything played the role of teacher)

A strong workout and all the conditioning in the world cannot prep you for rolling around with weight on you, especially when you lack technical skill. However, as I wrestled more I felt stronger which is key.

Done for today, going to let my body recover from the new activity but pleased with the workout.

No comments: