Sunday, January 14, 2007

Snowboarding

Went with my friend Mike, Pete, Toby and his wife Tatiana to Kirkwood yesterday for a day of boarding. First day of the year and it was spectacular. I was flowing and ripping and doing my best carving considering the 20 or less degree conditions with a nice 15 mile/hr wind. I did have a pretty big wipeout as my edge did not set on the hard pack and my body slammed hard into the ground but I landed on my feet and kept moving. However, it took me about 10 minutes to get myself back together.

Great day and it felt good to be in the mountains

2 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Cool Joe! You really are a very "wel balanced" athlete. I didn't know snowboarding was in your repitiore!

Sounds like you had a BLAST!

Joe Sarti said...

Thank you Franz, I really enjoy balance I think for me the concept and prinicple of balance are essential for my total well-being. I admire people who are single minded in their focus but at the same time I am a multi-faceted indicvidual who seeks perspective, understanding and enlightenment.