Monday, September 08, 2008

The Sunday Long Run and Yoga

Well Sunday is the day for long runs so today I laced up the old sneakers and set out to just do that run. No watch, no idea exactly how far just wanted to run for an hour. And, that is exactly what I did. I took myself out my front door and then a large run down and around the Stanford Campus. Sure did feel good to just move the body non-stop for approximately 1 hour and 6.2 miles. The best part is I felt I could have just kept going.

6.2 Miles and approximately 1 hour or less.

Yoga with Janet Stone of Yoga Tree and Michael Franti playing live.
This was part of the Power to the Peaceful weekend. Following Saturdays free Music and Art Festival in Golden Gate Park, Yoga Tree in the Castro hosts 4 special Yoga classes with some of the world's biggest names and Michael Franti playing live. An amazing experience doing Yoga to his music live and just like the last time I moved, shaked and sweated up a storm.

90 minutes of live Yoga

What a great weekend, free Music with Michael Franti and Spearhead, Ziggy Marley, 2 amazing Yoga classes, 2 great runs, and more!

No comments: