Saturday, October 20, 2007

Max VO2

The big Snatch day, Maz Vo2 with the 16kg bell for 15sec/15sec intervals. Here is the breakdown

Minutes 1 and 2
5/5 = total of 20

Minutes 3 and 4
6/6 = total of 24

Minutes 5 thru 20
7/7

it was about the 11th minute I felt the low back say hello to me. Simply put my form breaks at the 7/7 mark, when i am more or less sprinting with the bell rather than pacing. Lets just say some bodies are better built for a 15 minute sprint than others.

If this is a test of toughness, then you cannot question me there because I know I am mentally and physically combined more tough than most. I have experienced the kind of pain in competition that would drop most people to their knees and surrender. I am not going to go down without a fight and I will fight my best to the end. So even though I would have liked to drop the reps back down, or stop all together that was not an option. Perseverance is a thing of true beauty or as Longfellow once said "Perseverance is a great element of success. If only knock long enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody."

this is not to say that my back pain is so terrible that it is crippling but it is too say that when you have no real goal or competition and you are training "just to train" you can stop because you are truly not fighting or working toward anything. However, I beg to differ. my biggest competition begins with the sunrise of each day. And everyday I wake to go out and prove to myself, to challenge myself, to challenge others to accomplish great things, to push themselves against their own being. To me competition is not soley about winning and losing against others but the true competition, the true spirit of competition is preparing yourself to achieve greatest, to achieve extraordinary results, to be the best you can be. And, if you do prepare yourself in such a way then everyday you will be challenging others to do the same, especially in my line of business where it is my goal to help people get the best out of their health and fitness!

So today I pushed myself with no one person watching, coaching, yelling, supporting, etc. me, just me against myself, against my thoughts, against my mind and body. I knew and always know what my spirit is about on any given day at any given moment. You cannot keep a good man down or better yet, you cannot keep you strong spirit down!

What did you do today?

No comments: